Dhokla is a popular and traditional gujarati snack, This dhokla is made using rava (sooji). It is consider as a diet dish. It is ready in very less amount of time.
1 cup Semolina Flour (Sooji / Rava)
1 cup curd
1/2 Cup Water
1 finely chopped green chili
2 tbsp fine chopped coriander
1 tsp Eno
2 tbsp of oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp asofotida
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
salt to taste
1. In a big bowl, mix together semolina, yogurt, green chili and water.
2. Mix well so so that no lumps are formed and make a smooth batter, it should be of thick consistency.
3. Add salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. In meantime, heat steamer or pressure cooker with 2 inches of water. Bring it to boil.
5. Grease the cake pan and make sure it should fit in the steamer or cooker.
6. After water is boiling, turn down the heat to medium.
7. Add Eno and 1 tbsp of oil to batter and mix well.
8. Quickly pour batter into a greased cake pan and steam for 10-12 minutes or till Check with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, dhokla is ready.
9. Turn off the heat and remove dhokla plate and let is cool for 10 minutes to room temperature, then cut into triangle or square shapes.
10.Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat, add 2 tbsp oil.
11.Add mustard seeds wait until seeds crackle and add asofotida.
12.Add sesame seeds and mix it well.
13 Garnish with coriander and serve it hot with green chutney.