Hummus is a yummy appetizer and used as a sandwich filling, you can add mint or any other type of herbs. It is consider as lebanese type of recipe.
2 cups chickpeas
1 cup water
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 garlic cloves
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
5-6 tbsp olive oil
salt to black papper
salt to taste
1. Soaked chickpeas overnight and cooked in a pressure cooker and keep aside.
2. Toast the sesame seeds on low heat.
3. In a blender mix chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic cloves, water and blend till it turns into smooth paste.
4. Add lemon juice, olive oil, black papper and salt and mix it well.
5. Serve it with Pita bread or as a sandwich filling.