Surti Locho is one of the famous dish in Surat. It is very tasty and spicy you can enjoy anytime.
3 cup of chana daal
1 cup of urad daal
1 cup of poha
1 tbsp green chili paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 onions finely chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
2-3 drops of lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sev(namkin)
1 tsp eno
salt to taste
1. Soak lentils in lots of water overnight.
2. In the morning drain water and wash it well and add washed 1 cup of poha.
3. Grind it in mixture grinder and form a soft batter.
4. Add salt, green chilli paste according to taste, add pinch of turmeric powder and eno and mix it well.
5. Take a deep vessel and spread half of oil to vessel so that the batter does not stick to it. Pour the batter into the vessel and spread some black pepper.
6. In a pressure cooker add some water and boil it for 5-10 mins.
7. Keep the vessel in pressure cooker and cover the cooker with the lid without whistle attached to it.
8. Steam it for 10 minutes.
9. Put a knife in the batter to check if it is baked properly by inserting clean knife. if it comes out clean,it means it is done.
10. Serve hot with adding some lemon juice, sev, half of oil and chopped onions.