As we all know how nutritious is Palak, mixing it with Chana, becomes some more worthy and sounds new to try upon. Chana Palak, a North Indian recipe is as delicious to leave us saying “give me more”.
1 cup boiled chickpeas
2 tbsp ghee
1 onion cuts into small pieces
3 tomatoes cuts into small pieces
4 cups finely chopped and boiled spinach
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp inch ginger paste
1 tsp green chillis paste
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
2 tsp coriander/cumin seeds powder
1 tsp garam masala/chana masala powder
1 cup water
salt to taste
1. Grind together onions and tomatoes and make a smooth paste.
2. Heat 1 tbsp ghee into pan and fry the onions tomato paste until it turns into golden brown, add garlic, ginger and chillis, cook for about 5-8 minutes until it is blended together.
3. Add spinach into it and mix it well and add water and stir and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt, garam masala, coriander/cumin seeds powder and mix it well.
5. Add boiled chickpeas into it and cook for 5 mins.
6. Add 1 tbsp ghee into curry and mix it well.
7. Serve the chana palak curry hot with hot rice or roti.