Khaman Dhokla as some people call it and known it which is very traditional Gujarati dish and known as steamed savoury cake made from gram flour. It can be have it in snack time with tea.
1 cup gram flour
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 tsp oil
1 tsp soda
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
4-5 green chillies cuts in thin stipes
3 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cashewnuts
4 tbsp coriander leaves
4 tbsp grated coconut
salt to taste
1. Add salt, ginger chilli paste, asafoetida, oil and little water to gram flour and make batter.
2. Boil water in a big container, Place a sieve at the bottom, Place a steel dish on it and grease it.
3. Add soda and mix it in one direction only.
4. Pour the batter in the dish and cover the container with a big dish or cloth so that the vapours do not escape.
5. Put some weight on the dish and steam it for 10 minutes.
6. Put a knife in the batter to check if it is baked properly by inserting clean knife. if it comes out clean,it means it is done.
7. For tempering , heat oil into kadhai add mustard seeds, green chillis, 1/2 cup water, sugar, cashewnuts.
8. Spread the tempering, grated coconut and coriander leaves on top of the khaman and cuts into pieces and serve it hot.